Fall Clean-Up Checklist
The nights are getting cooler, the leaves are changing, and October is behind us. It’s a wonderful time of year in Central Virginia, filled with the beauty of fall colors.
As you prepare for the holidays and colder winter weather, keep these tips in mind to make sure your house is ready for the changing seasons ahead. Follow this handy fall clean-up list to prepare for winter.
- Check weather stripping and caulking around doors and windows. Repair or replace if necessary to keep your home draft free and save energy costs.
- Check and clean the gutters and downspouts. Wait until most of the leaves have fallen
- Rake and mulch leaves in your yard and remove them from your deck
- Check for leaf and litter accumulation around the foundations of your house.
- Sweep the chimneys- if you have a wood burning fireplace or stove flues have been inspected or swept. This is a good time to have a professional inspect them.
- Clean, cover or store your patio furniture
- Trim dead tree limbs
- Shut off exterior faucets and drain and store garden hoses
- Touch up exterior paint if necessary
- Change the furnace filter
- Replace the batteries in your smoke detectors
And don’t forget to set your clock back an hour on Sunday, November 1st!
This is also a great time of year to begin planning for that cozy screened in porch room you have been thinking about. Give us a call to schedule your free estimate today and look forward to extending your outdoor living space.
Decks By DAK